Saturday, November 5, 2011

Newsboy cap

Newsboy caps, as you can guess from the name, were associated with newspaper boys going all the way back to the late 19th century. Though nowadays only girls wear them. I just love little girls in newsboy caps, and my Alice has quite a few of them.

This one is from Janie & Jack's spring/summer collection three years back.



Gymboree's spin for an autumn version.


This houndstooth cap from Jcrew actually belongs to me. But I have to admit that it looks so much better on Alice's head.




And finally, my prized purchase of the season, the cheviot cap from Zara. The small size was sold out, so I ended up getting the M/L for my four years old. That was also an interesting revelation to me: the bigger the cap the cuter it looks. This rule only applies to small heads, of course. For a mere 13 bucks, Alice can get at least ten years' usage out of it. What a steal!









1 comment: