Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Costume Shopping Tips 2

Girls love princesses. Over the years, I've stocked up most princess dresses. Quality is important. When princess dresses from different sources are put together, you can easily spot the ones from Disney's own stores. So all my collection are from them but one. However, regular prices of these dresses are high. Disney store close to my house never had sale that is higher than 25% off.

So... how to get deals?

1. Make friends.
My friend in Chicago got me this mermaid dress for $10(regular: $40) in 2008 after Halloween. Even Disney stores in your area don't have good sale, that in other areas may do. So ask your good friends or relatives in other regions to check for you after holiday. If they are 75% off, your wallet is open.
2. Watch out for store closing.
My friend in New York saw the Disney store on 5th ave was closing. She called me and I asked her get a few dresses. If not for her, I could never get a Snow White dress at 75% off. Later I heard Disney stores in other areas were closing too. So if you bump into one store like this, just try to get as many as you want. Don't be afraid of bigger sizes. Kids grow faster than you can image.

3. Disney Website http://www.disneystore.com/disney-princess/mn/1000016/
The website has sales before and after holidays. If a deal is really good, you need to move fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment