Friday, November 18, 2011

Living on a budget

You may ask: What if I'm living on a budget? Or you just don't want to spend so much on kids clothes. After all, many of them only last one season.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

A few days ago, I was looking for a few cooking pots on Target.com. Once I found the products, I need a filler to reach $50 to get my free shipping. Not surprisingly, I clicked on the clearance section. http://www.target.com/c/clearance/-/N-5q0ga




Last time I visited that section was many years ago. At that time the site just launched and of course there were few items on clearance. This time... WOW! I checked Kids/Girls. There are 458 items! It was overwhelming.


Deals are also sweet. I saw quite some items are 75% or more off. That means $2.48 for a short sleeve shirt. 30-50% off items are plenty. Moreover, the website will still apply other promotions such as free shipping, buy one get second one 50% off if the items are eligible.

I saw a swimsuite at $3.52 with BOGO promotion. If you buy 2, total is $5.28, that is only $2.64 each. I almost got 2 for my girls to have a sister look.

When you click through, you may see some are out of stock. Oh well, good deals go fast. So you will have to be patient to navigate through pages. But eventually your effort will be paid off.



Besides, the Target local stores also have clearance racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment