Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Kindergarten Girl Fall/Winter Dressing Tips 1

Grace started Kindergarten this fall. My principles of dressing her are:
I. Protective
II. Functional
III. Pretty

Protective: She will not feel too hot or too cold. Her knees are protected.
Functional: She should be able to move around easily, especially in her favorite class, PE.
Pretty: Her outfit should be coordinated, making her presentable anytime.

The issue of late fall and winter is the big temperature difference between inside and outside. Figuring a layered outfit that makes her comfortable in all three situations has been my challenge:
a. when walking to the bus stop in the chilly morning
b. while staying inside
c. when she has activities(she will feel extra warm)

Jumpers have been my best friend.


(Gymboree - 2009 - Popstar Academy and Little Hearts)

I can't speak enough about how great jumpers are.
1. Jumpers look like dresses. Most girls like them.
2. It is really easy to put jumpers with other pieces. White/cream long sleeve shirt always works. A shirt from the same line always goes well with it.
3. I especially like knit jumpers as they are really comfortable.


(Gymboree - 2009 - New York Girl and Puppy School)

4. They keep our little girls warm.
5. They are not as warm as sweater dresses/sweater cardigan. It prevents little girls from getting overheated during exercise.
6. You can get a few years out of it. When they are long, they look like dresses. When they are shorter, they look like vests. Either way it works.

(Gymboree - 2010 - Fairy Fashionable)

I love this rare crochet piece from Fairy Fashionable line. Very elegant. This line also impressed me by beautiful accessories.



Time to buy:
When you see great pieces like those, don't wait, as they won't last long. I bought all three when the lines just came out, with gymbucks of course. That's the best timing with reasonable price. My friends who waited never saw them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment